Mokrice, Mokrice Castle
The castle is 8 kilometers away from Brežice and it has a turbulent past. At the site where the castle stands today, it was placed military
fortress of Romulus in the Roman period. Over the centuries there has evolved the castle as we see it today. Again, the castle has passed from the hands of one owner to the hands of another. Last nobles who possessed it were von Gagerni, but they were forced to sell the property, due to financial hardships, before the Second World War when the castle was occupied by the Germans, after the war it was nationalized. Since 1952 in the castle it has started the catering industry. Now the castle is transformed into a four star hotel. Near it is a golf course with 18 holes on 70 hectares. Well preserved is also castle bridge, one of the few in Europe which still has a lifting part of the bridge.
Local tourist offer